Thursday 19 October 2023

Bury (Lancashire): Lost on the River Irwell

My last adventure before flying back to Warsaw was finding a beautiful stretch of the river Irwell in my hometown, Bury.

Just before passing Nuttall Park in Ramsbottom, I saw an unusual small library at the foot of someone's garden:

Alongside Nuttall Park, a running stream lead me down to the river Irwell:


This stretch of the Irwell was amazing:

I just followed it with curiosity,


With no care for the direction I took,

Or for getting lost.

At some point, I reached a dead end:

And had to retrace my steps:


But still the place was beautiful:


At some point, I came upon a part of Summerseat that I didn't recognise, and a woman walking a dog pointed me the way to Brandlesholme Road:

Never knew that the Freemasons were so open these days, they used to do everything behind closed doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment