Tuesday 10 October 2023

Head for the Hills Day 2 (2023): The Selecter ...

After a Wetherspoons breakfast in Bury town centre, it was back off to the Head for the Hills Festival where the Scottish singer, Nati Dredd, had just started her set:


On Day 2, the Festival once again offered a decent line up:



At the Burrs country setting:

Which has some nice views:


Second up, it was the Elephant Sessions, a band that I was looking forward to seeing:


Really like this band's kind of fusion of traditional Scottish, Jazz, and Pop music.


What Makes You was my favourite tune of the set.


My biggest mistake at the Festival was not going to watch Dutch Uncles on stage. From a short distance, at the Brown Cow, the band sounded great, but I just got comfortable with a pint.

Next up, it was The Lottery Winners:


My friend, Wobbler, got annoyed with this band due to the length of time taken up gabbing between tunes.


Must say that I found it difficult to disagree with Wobbler, although the band had some nice melodies when they got on with the music.

And finally, it was time for the headlining act, The Selecter:


Who I thoroughly enjoyed from song to song:


Remember the famous tunes (On My Radio; Missing Words etc.) from my schooldays (late 70s/early 80s).


But it was some of the (for me) lesser-known tunes, such as Frontline and Celebrate the Bullet, which really caught my ear.


To be honest, The Selecter are not exactly my kind of music, but watching them at Head for the Hills, I could see they were a class act.


No comments:

Post a Comment