Thursday 8 November 2012

Vegetarian Food in Warsaw, Poland

Yesterday, I was eating steak cooked in ginger at my favourite Vietnamese place, Que Huong, so today I went to the opposite extreme, and had some wonderful vegetarian food at a place called Vegan, round a back alleyway on Jan Pawła II near the intersection with Solidarność in Warsaw.  I sometimes go in this place on Sundays and midweek.  The low quality mobile phone shot of the vegetarian food and medicinal-type, peppermint drink don't really do justice to how good it all was.


You can't really see it, but at the back, there is a wonderful buttery spinach and potato mixture; and a carrot and broccoli curry mixture, while on top there is a soya cutlet (at the front, there is some kind of red cabbage and rice covered with an interesting tomato sauce).  This plate of food and drink cost me 16.50 złoty (just short of 3 pound). 

After eating this meat-free hearty meal, good for my digestion, I walked down Solidarność towards Ratusz Arsenał, and got a picture of the Lutheran church (I think?) there.



Yesterday early evening, I got the following pictures at Muranow, near Ratusz Arsenał.  The first is of the fountain near the Muranow (avant garde type) cinema; the second is of the big police place; and the final two are of an old (Soviet-style) war memorial.






Here, I'm kind of doing my own little sketch of the place.

8 comments:

  1. Looks great food and great value for money Pat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is the best value place for eating out round Bantry, Dave? The Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know about the Chinese,Pat. We never use it! We never eat out. It's cheaper to make it yourself and you know what you're eating. Ireland is too expensive unlike Poland. You think they would learn and price things accordingly would you?

    It really annoys me that I can't afford to eat or drink out. So we have lots of cook books and decide every morning which countries cuisine we will eat. Think it's Mexican today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've noticed that Ireland is extortunate in its food prices. For some reason, I remember you being a fan of Chinese food, I wonder where I got that from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not really keen on Chinese food Pat. I prefer Indian starters ,Mexican, some American and mainly European food.

    Have you applied for the Scotland job?

    Couldn't believe Barcelona lost at Celtic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celtic got stuck in and showed them no exaggerated deference. Barcelona are from unbeatable, and I'm glad to see that some sides, like Celtic, now realise this.

    Having said this, I don't bother watching football, and view it as a complete waste of time. In Britain, all the politically-'correct' nonsense surrounding the game is making it diabolical. I have a lot of sympathy for the poor referee, Clattenburg, who is the centre of the current (yet another) PC witchunt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I want to share some of my experience with you. I don't know about others but this blog is very helpful for me. I must say great work done by you. Thanks for sharing.
    best ever vegetarian chilli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words, Steven.

    ReplyDelete