Sunday 25 November 2012

Warsaw: Three Concerts at the Stodoła This Week

In Warsaw, we're currently stuck between autumn and winter, and the nights are drawing in much quicker, so life isn't that much fun.  However, there is still some colour in the city, as the pictures below show:



In particular, I've got a good week coming up with three concerts, all at the Warsaw Stodoła.  First up, it's Archive on Wednesday.  Archive aren't really well known in Britain, but on the continent, they seem quite a big thing.  Below, the band are doing 'You Make Me Feel' from Karlsruhe in Germany (well done to the good person who got this on Youtube)



The day after, it's the big one for me:  Marillion supported by the Polish band Tides From Nebula. 


I've seen Marillion four times before, the first time being at Manchester Apollo in 1982 on the 'Script For a Jester's Tear' tour, but I've only seen them once with Steve Hogarth, five years ago in Warsaw, so I'm really looking forward to this.  Below, the band are doing 'The Invisible Man':



Third, on Saturday, I'm going watching Imany.   



For me, Imany has a wonderful voice, quite similar to Tracy Chapman.  Below, she's doing 'You Will Never Know'.


Finally, I'll leave with Tides From Nebula doing 'Hollow Lights', as I'm also really looking forward to seeing these:



Yes, it should be a really interesting week at the Stodoła.


10 comments:

  1. I am envious Pat. Very envious. Post a few concert reports on here please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I'd rather have them spread out, Dave, as three concerts in five days is a bit much. After this, the next one up is Clannad in February, although something might come up in January at the Klub Progresja.

    Now got a Swans ticket for March, and thinking about seeing Riverside and Steve Lukather (Toto guitarist) in Warsaw in April. Then, it's Rush in Manchester in May, and I'll decide on Journey later down the line.

    This is the schedule, but I never take anything for granted, of course, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound a bit hectic Pat. Especially for us 'middle-agers'. I am sure it will be great though.

    Fantastic cricket performance from England today. Looks like they have taken your advice Pat to use the two spinners?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anybody could've told them about having to use two spinners on the subcontinent, Dave. Why they used three seamers in the 1st Test, I'll never know.

    Thanks a lot for the 'Billy Connolly: Route 66' DVD, Dave, it's arrived today, and I'll enjoy watching it this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't half make your day when England win a test match Pat. I must admit the Indian cricket audience are a very knowledgeable and fair crowd. Especially when KP got his 186. Hats off to them for being so sportsman like.

    Glad you got the 'Billy Connolly Route 66' DVD, Pat. I watched the television series and really enjoyed it. Hope you like it too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Indians are a little worried that the penny has dropped as even England now realise that they can compete on equal terms if they play two spinners on the subcontinent. Having said this, the KP innings was special, and Cook has been like a rock so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hats off to the England lads Pat. They deserve the praise.Think South Africa, India and England are the best in the world at the moment. Cook is a cool character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Aussies are right back up there, now, Dave. South Africa held on for dear life to draw the 2nd Test after getting a draw (but being 2nd best also) in the 1st Test. Yeah, the Aussies are right back up there, and gunning for England in next year's Ashes.

    Very interesting singer called Hanne Hukkelberg (bit like Bjork) is on in Warsaw tomorrow, but I can't make it four concerts in six days, and I'm up early Wednesday morning.

    Clannad sold out in a couple of days for the Stodoła, and Archive is sold out on Wednesday (I hate packed crowds), but Marillion doesn't seem to be sold out on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Pat. I think you are right about Australia. The Ashes should be something to look forward to.

    Hanne Hukkelberg is very interesting and experimental; rainwater and bicycle spoke sounds..? I agree your schedule is too much and you will be too tired to truly enjoy the concerts, even remember them? I don't know how you do it Pat. I'm ready for bed come ten in the evening.

    I can't say I like packed crowds either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wish I'd known about the Hanne Hukkelberg concert earlier, Dave.

    ReplyDelete