Friday 23 September 2022

Barrowford Locks: Meeting an Old Friend

 

At Barrowford Locks, I was able to find my old friend Simon, because I recognised the name of his canal barge:

Although it was a job and a half getting over to the other side of the canal:



But Simon served up some great sandwiches and ice-cold vimto (had forgotten how good vimto was):

While a couple of swans turned up for a feed:


With one coming back for seconds:

After 2-3 hours of quick, catch-up chat, it was time to head back to Burnley (to catch the bus back to Bury).

And this time round, I took more notice of this wonderful bridge, as I said goodbye to Barrowford Locks:


And passed an army of ducks while getting closer to Burnley:

 

Must get up to Skipton on this Canal route one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment