Saturday 24 September 2022

Bury: Premier Inn Beauty

Whilst in my old hometown of Bury, Lancashire, I noticed that from various angles, the Premier Inn building in the town centre could look quite stunning:


Had never thought of this building like this before, but as it overlooked the Metro tram line, there was no denying that it held some kind of strange beauty.

In some way, the odd-shaped window frames drew me towards the building:


Found myself walking round Bury town centre quite a bit when I was staying at a guest house on Manchester Road, near Holy Cross College, for a few days:


This small room served as a nice comfortable base for exploring the Irwell Valley.

Even though Bury was originally my hometown, I moved out some 25 years ago, and on my recent visit there, I felt something like a stranger in a strange land. 

Instead of feeling part of Bury, I felt like something external to it, looking at it from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment