Sunday 11 September 2022

Rawtenstall Stop-Off

The day before my return to Warsaw, I decided to visit Towneley Hall in Burnley, and on my way there, I stopped off in the small Lancashire town of Rawtenstall, where a cinema-type building was being prepared for a takeover:


 And I soon stumbled upon a majestic-looking Methodist church:


Followed by a temperance bar famous for its sarsaparilla and dandelion and burdock (can remember drinking such things as a young kid in the early 1970s):


After which I made my way across a busy road to St. Mary's Parish Church:

Admiring its impressive church tower:

A few yards away from St. Mary's, stood a well-kept war memorial:


And after another few minutes walk, I came across the impressive-looking St. Mary's Chambers:


Which holds live music and other entertainment events.

And continuing my circular-type walk, I saw the entrance to the Rawtenstall-Bury steam train station:


Then had a quick look at the river running through the town centre:

Later on, after visiting Towneley Hall, I got the chance of another stopover in Rawtentall where I saw the grand-looking library building:


And Rawtenstall cricket ground:


With all its interesting town centre sites, Rawtenstall nicely filled in a couple of gaps in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment