Wednesday 28 September 2022

Inch Beach Porridge

 Having woken up real early, I took a stroll along Inch Beach (Strand):


Still early in the morning, I had to wear a hat and gloves for an hour or two, waiting for the sun to fully arise.


My friend had told me that the famous horse race scene from David Lean's classic film, Ryan's Daughter, had been filmed on Inch Beach. With this being part of the reason why the beach was so special, so magical. 

And people love to camp and kip in their vans on the beach:


 Think I've heard that horse racing still takes place on Inch Beach.


Inch Strand seemed to go on forever. Every now and again, I saw a fresh jellyfish:


As I strolled back to the campsite, I stopped at the beach bar:


Where I had some porridge:


 Now, the Irish really do know how to make porridge, thick and lumpy, the best in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment