Saturday 17 September 2022

Bury (Lancashire): Kirklees Valley Nature Reserve

Soon after my flight from Warsaw to Manchester, one of my friends kindly took me on a trip to the Kirklees Valley Nature Reserve in the Tottington district of Bury:

Being from the other end of Bury (East Ward and Fairfield), I didn't really know Tottington well, so the Kirklees Valley, with its fishing lodges, was a wonderful surprise:



My friend said that he knew the area well, because he'd been a keen angler in the past:


Really liked the bridge and arches below:

Got a great view of things from on top of the bridge:
 

By chance, we caught sight of a heron seeking fish at the side of a lodge:


And stumbled across an old printworks reclaimed by Nature:


While on the plane from Warsaw, I'd never expected that such a treat lay in store:


What a great day it turned out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment