Thursday 8 May 2014

Eric Bell Live at the Mariners Bar in Bantry, Ireland


 When I met up with my old mate Dave Dealy at Cork Airport on April 30th, I was delighted to hear that Eric Bell would be giving a concert in Bantry (where Dave lives) on Saturday May 3rd.

On the night, I had a skinful of both Guinness and Smithwicks IPA while listening to the great maestro at work.  Of course, the greatest applause of the night were reserved for 'Whiskey in the Jar', but I enjoyed just about everything, as there seemed to be an eclectic mix of early Thin Lizzy tunes mixed in with all sorts of Blues, Jazz and even, at times, Rockabilly-sounding tunes.



 Of course, the sociology was also great as after a few 'scoops' the local women weren't shy of having a dance.


Yes, all in all, this was a night of great music, booze and fun:  definitely one of the highlights of my recent short trip to Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment