Sunday 18 May 2014

Following the 'Little Yellow Men' to Doneen Pier

Another great walk I did on Sheep's Head Peninsula started at the Pieta below:


Didn't know exactly where we were going, but my guide Dave Dealy said that we just had to follow the 'little yellow men' and  that sounded right enough to me.


Perhaps the highlight of this day was coming across this what looks like an ancient burial mound (below): 


Also really enjoyed just being able to look into the expanse of it all:


But where was Dave Dealy taking me now?  He was moving downhill, but where were we going?


Well, admittedly, Dave didn't know himself, but we somehow ended up at a place called Doneen Pier where the Welsh had previously brought coal over to Ireland:


I found the coves around Doneen Pier quite idyllic, but Dave told me that the place was now more murkily used for drug smuggling.  And my reliably informed guide wasn't wrong:






No comments:

Post a Comment