Saturday 24 May 2014

Riverside Live at Warsaw Juvenalia 23rd May 2014


Didn't have any intention of going to Warsaw Juvenalia until I discovered a few days before the event that Riverside would be on there on the first night (May 23rd).  Thus, this was a real nice surprise, as they're most probably my favourite Polish band (seen them twice before:  once at the StodoĊ‚a and once at the old Klub Progresja, both in Warsaw).


A few weeks ago, I had to go back to Britain to renew my passport in Liverpool, and ended up not being able to see Riverside at the new Klub Progresja.  Thus, seeing Riverside last night at the Juvenalia nicely made amends for this.

As expected, the band's 75-minute set was dominated by the 'Shrine of New Generation Slave' material which was perfectly fine by me, as it is a mightily fine album.  From this album, my favourite two tunes were the incredibly melodic 'Depth of Self-Delusion' and 'We Got Used To Us' (love the delicate build of melody in the latter).

Near the start of the set, I was down near the front of the stage, so I managed to get a few close-up shots of the band:




Maybe not the best shots in the world, but they'll do me.

Was also a nice evening as I met up with my friends Pierce and Dominik below:


Dominik (above) is enjoying the music, while (below) me and Pierce are 'posing' for a picture with the stage in the background (usually go to gigs on my own, so it was nice to meet up with friends at a gig for once).



No comments:

Post a Comment