Sunday 9 September 2012

From a village near Canterbury, Kent

Sorry I can't remember the name of the village, but this pub was said to be over 500-years-old, and it had its own definite atmosphere.  For example, if I remember rightly, and there's no guarantee of that, there were parrots in cages all over the place.  However, one thing I do remember for sure is being served by a guy who still had his red fox-hunting jacket on.  Whether he'd finished his fox-hunting or was going later on, I don't really know.

4 comments:

  1. Is it Ye Old Tree inn in the village of Westbere near Canterbury Pat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Dave, thanks, how did you find out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the Yew tree and the pub sign. Then I typed: Yew Tree Inn near Canterbury in good old Google and hey presto, there was the pub. So it was kind of a self educated guess with my knowledge of ancient trees in the British Isles.

    ReplyDelete