Friday 28 September 2012

The Polonia Warsaw Football Ground

This morning, I was up at 5.30am to travel to the other end of Warsaw to start work at 7.30am.  In the pictures below, you can see a glimpse of the massive allotment grounds at Racławicka, and then the bridge I cross over after a journey on the underground and a bus ride.




Next off, I'm out and about in and around the centre of Warsaw.  For me, posters and fly sheets give a good idea of what's going on in a city.





From the pictures above, you can guess that short women's hairstyles are becoming in vogue.  Anathema are okay, but not really my cup of tea, while the Free Form Festival, over the river, is coming up (saw Ladytron here a few years ago).  The line up for this year's Free Form Festival doesn't really mean anything to me.

Later on in the day, I pass the Polonia Warsaw football ground (Man. Utd drew 0-0 here about 14 years ago when they beat Polonia 2-0 on aggregate in some European competition - I lost interest in football many years ago).








Around the perimeter fence, I come across what I take to be the Polonia Warsaw emblem, and find a small opening where I can peer into the ground.




Moreover, I come across an incredible collection of wall paintings.









Finally, I pass the ground again later on, and guess that Polonia aren't playing Legia, as things are far too laid back.  Having said that, loads of police and their dogs are on hand, just in case anything goes off.





2 comments:

  1. Is that a Sunflower on the allotments Pat? Amazing mural pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it's a small sunflower, Dave. The Poles are mad on allotments, and there are several massive grounds for allotments throughout the city.

    ReplyDelete