Monday 17 September 2012

The Great Salt Lake, Utah

Here is an incredible picture, taken by my wife, of me and an American friend entering the Great Salt Lake, near Salt Lake City in Utah.  To my regret, I've only been outside Europe twice in my life, and one of these occasions was only crossing over to the Asian side of the Bosphorous in Istanbul.  However, I did have a wonderful trip to parts of Utah and Arizona in 2008.  Of course, it was interesting to be able to float on top of the Great Salt Lake water, but I couldn't help but be wary of getting salt in the eyes. 
I think that my wife is very good with a camera, and here she seems to capture the mood of sundown perfectly.  In the water itself, there were many different nationalities who'd come to experience what it's like in the Great Salt Lake.

3 comments:

  1. You're both very good with the camera Pat. I like your blog because it's got great music,smashing scenery and a very good write up. Look forward to seeing some more pictures of the America trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Dave, I really like your 'enigmatic' picture under the exotic fern tree on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pat. What does 'enigmatic' mean? I am joking. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete